Tuesday

F1 MOMENTS #1

Time for a new regular feature on Aqsa's Formula and it's called F1 Moments. I'd just like to add that I know we are now much closer to the British Grand Prix now than we are to the European GP, and a preview to Silverstone will be posted tomorrow, so adding posts about the race in Valencia might seem a bit outdated now but this will be my last post on this race specifically.

Let me begin with explaining the new feature. It's just where I will pick my one favourite moment from the race. You know that 'OMG' moment when you jump out of your seat and you need a second to take in whether it really happened? Yeah, that moment! It will be hard to pick just one, my absolute favourite, but I will give it a go and sometimes there may be a tie between two but I'll try not to let that happen. This is different from 'Setting the Scene' as that is a feature when I pick one picture to sum up a whole race.

The European Grand Prix was an incredible race with many awe-inducing moments. There were quite a few shocking events and retirements that changed the entire outcome of the race but I have managed to pick just one; the Hamilton and Maldonado crash! It certainly took me a while to realise what had happened and I watched replay after replay trying to establish who was at fault and how two race winning drivers could allow an easily avoidable collision to occur towards the closing stages of a race. It was definitely the moment in the race that got the Twittersphere talking and heatedly debating.

Everyone had an opinion on it, as is always the case with such F1 Moments, and that is why it has to be my moment of the race. Lewis Hamilton was very mature about the incident after the race and Maldonado was clear that, as far as he was concerned, it was all Lewis' fault. The stewards disagreed and subsequently awarded Pastor with a 20-second time penalty meaning he lost the single point he won in the race. Considering it's been almost two weeks since the race and this collision is so vivid in my mind, there was no doubt that this had to be my pick as F1 Moment for the European Grand Prix.

What was yours?

Aqsa, @aqsasformula

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...